IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN, DO NOT USE THE SOFTWARE & SERVICES.
- Information the Operator Collects and Receives;
- How the Operator Uses Your Information;
- Sharing Information with Third Parties;
- Third-Party Content;
- Social Networks;
- Cookies and Other Technologies;
- Children under 13;
- Data Retention;
- Transfer of Data Outside Your Territory;
- Information Security;
- Do Not Track;
- How to Contact the Operator.
Information the Operator Collects and Receives.
When you Use the Software & Services, we automatically collect and store the following types of information:
- Technical Information. Certain technical information regarding your device, and your Use of the Software & Services and other third party software and applications installed on your device (the “Other Software”), including the type, name and version of operating system and Other Software including, without limitation, their interactions with the Software & Services, ISP (Internet Service Provider), location, Internet protocol (IP) address, anonymous user identifiers, device configuration and identifiers (IDFA (Identifier for Advertisers used in IOS), Advertising ID (Identifier for Advertisers used in Android) and the like), version of the Software & Services, and your configuration and settings of the Software & Services;
- Usage Information. Certain usage related information regarding your use and interaction with your device, including the Software & Services and Other Software, such as when and how you Use the Software & Services and Other Software, how you use your Internet browser and Internet search related applications, the web pages you visit and the content you see, access and utilize on such web pages; for example, offerings and advertisements that you view, use and access, how you use them and your response to them, how frequently you use them, your search queries and the time and date of your searches;
- Social Networks. Your interactions on social networks through the Software & Services;
- Registration Related Information. Information you provide when you register for the Software & Services (if applicable), such as name, home or work addresses, e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers, birth date and gender; and
- Support Related Information. If you communicate with us via our support section or via email, we may also collect your email address, name and any information voluntarily submitted by you in connection with such support (for example, your name, company name, and particular support query or request). Such information will only be used to provide you with support services and will not be connected with any other information collected from you on or through the Software & Services, including, any individual User ID (as defined below) generated or collected by us.
When you Use the Software & Services, we automatically generate an anonymous internal user ID (which does not personally identify you), which is assigned to your use of the Software & Services (the “User ID“) and may be combined with any of the above information.
How the Operator Uses Your Information.
The Operator uses the information it collects for analytical, business and operational purposes in the following ways:
- to operate and update the Software & Services and provide you with existing and new functionality and features;
- to improve and customize the Software & Services;
- to provide you personalized content, including through the delivery of targeted interest-based advertisements from us or our partners;
- to maintain and improve the quality and operation of the Software & Services;
- to notify you of Software & Services updates;
- to provide you with support and handle your complaints and/or feedback;
- to take any action in case of a dispute involving you in connection with the Software & Services;
- to enforce the terms and conditions applicable to the Software & Services and to prevent unlawful activities and misuse thereof; and
- to comply and satisfy any applicable law regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
Notice to Search Protect Users
Search Protect is a free desktop application designed to help you maintain your selected browser settings, including your home page, default search and new tab, and prevent third parties from changing these settings without your permission. Despite what is stated above, if you installed Search Protect, please note that the current version of the software does not track any of the web pages you visit or provide you with personalized content through the delivery of targeted, interest-based advertisements.
Sharing Information with Third Parties.
We may share with third parties the information collected in any of the following events:
- If we are required by law to disclose your information, we may share your information with law enforcement or other competent authorities and any third party, as may be required (e.g., to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues; to respond to claims or satisfy any legal process, subpoena, or governmental request; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of the Operator’s users, its partners, or the general public);
- In the event the Operator goes through a business transition such as a merger or acquisition by another company, consolidation, change of control, reorganization, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your information will be among the assets transferred;
In any case other than the above, we will not share your PII with third parties without your prior consent.
Certain Software & Services may include and/or enable you to add Content to them. The Content may be in the form of apps, buttons, gadgets, links to third party advertisements, websites, products and services (including search services) as well as additional means that are provided to you by third parties (collectively, “Third Party Content and Services“). The use of such Third Party Content and Services is subject to their privacy policies. In addition, the Operator provides such third parties with a large number of tools to enable them to create interesting and unique apps, buttons, and gadgets using the Operator platform. Some of these tools may give these third parties the ability to access, collect, store, and/or share your information – both your PII and non-personally identifiable information. In order to clarify, we do not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to such Third Party Content and Services and your access to any Third Party Content and Services is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the information contained and/or made available through, the practices of, or your use or inability to use such Third Party Content and Services. You expressly relieve us from any and all liability arising from your use of such Third Party Content and Services. We recommended that you read the terms, conditions and privacy policies of such Third Party Content and Services before using or accessing any of them.
You may also choose to activate additional features that provide you with the ability to update and use your favorite social networks directly from the Software & Services. During such activation, you may be asked to grant the Operator permission to compile certain information from such social networks. This information may include friends or contact lists, notes, updates, and photos and may be used by the Operator to customize the Content available to you through the Software & Services, suggest new features and Content that may be relevant to you or provide the Operator with data for statistical purposes. The information you allow the Operator to access is that which is presented to you when you choose to activate these features. Please see your social network provider policies for any questions or concerns. You may opt not to grant the Operator access to your social network account(s) at any time by changing your social network settings or by not authorizing the Operator’s access thereto.
Cookies and Other Technologies.
We may collect or allow third parties to collect, through blocks of code called “pixels” or “web beacons”, certain information about you and send it to our servers and to our partners. We or our partners, package all or part of this information into small text files called Cookies and send the Cookie to your computer. As an example, Cookies may store search queries made through the Software & Services, the web pages you accessed, your interaction with advertisements presented to you via the Software & Services, features you used, your session duration and your configurations and preferences of the Software & Services.
Such Cookies and other technologies allow us and our partners to recognize you on your next use of, access or visit to the Software & Services, or on your visits or access to our partner’s network (i.e. sites and services outside of the Operator).
- facilitate and enhance your interaction and activities with the Software & Services;
- help the Operator learn how you Use the Software & Services, what parts are most attractive and interesting to you, and what kind of offers you like to see;
- provide you with personalized content which may include interest-based information, online ads or other marketing materials on or through the Software & Services and on third party websites and properties;
- analyze the information collected from you and help manage and optimize the Software & Services;
- track and measure various performance and demographic parameters of advertising campaigns including without limitation, analyzing which ads your browser has loaded, which site pages you may have been viewing when the ads were delivered or accessed and your interaction with the ad.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept Cookies but you can reset your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is sent. However, some functions of the Software & Services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. By using the Software & Services, you affirmatively consent to the collection of information and Cookies as described above.
Children under 13.
The Software & Services do not consist any irrelevant information but are not intended for users under the age of 13 and you hereby represent that you are at least 13 years old. We do not knowingly collect, use, share or disclose any personal information from children under the age of 13. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage, so that we can verify that minors under the age of thirteen (13) are not using the Software & Services.
We advise parents and guardians to regularly monitor their children’s use of email and other online communications and activities. Control tools that create a safer online environment for children are available from third party online services and software providers.
In the event that it comes to our knowledge that a person under the age of thirteen (13) is using the Operator Software, we may prohibit and block such a user from accessing the Software & Services and will make all efforts to promptly delete any PII with regard to such user, as applicable.
You may send us a request to access the PII that we collect through your use of the Software & Services. In such case, we may require that you provide us with additional information to verify your identity.
Transfer of Data Outside Your Territory.
The Software & Services work over the Internet. We may store and process information in various locations throughout the globe. If you are a resident of a European Union Member State or another jurisdiction where transfer of your PII to another jurisdiction requires your consent, then you hereby provide us with your express consent to such transfer of your data.
We implement measures to secure your PII that we collect in order to minimize the risks of damage, loss of information, and unauthorized access or use of information. However, these measures are unable to provide absolute information security. Therefore, although we make efforts to secure your PII, we cannot guarantee and you cannot reasonably expect that the Software & Services and its databases are immune from any wrongdoings, malfunctions, unauthorized interceptions, access or other kinds of abuse and misuse.
Do Not Track.
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that can be configured in certain web browsers (the “DNT Feature“); the DNT Feature, when enabled on a web browser, signals the websites you visit that you do not want certain information about the websites visited collected. As the Internet industry is in the process of defining how to interpret signals sent by the DNT Features, the Operator does not currently respond or recognize DNT Feature signals.
How to Contact Us.
Last updated August 31, 2016.