Dust collection means different things for varying people. Traditionally, sweeping dust with a broom or collecting debris by hands was used in factories and industries. It is important to keep commercial premises free of dust to prevent accidents, fall and any kind of health hazards. Today the market is filled with varying models which collect dust effectively and efficiently. The best dust collector machine is needed to be invested in any industry set up where types of machinery are used such as the grain packaging industries, woodworking machines, tea factories, etc. In such areas, dust is considered as one of the primary waste products created during the process of manufacturing.
Basic Function of The Best Dust Collector:
- A dust collector works with the suction system where the machine inhales all the airborne dust and manufacturing dust by-products. This helps in keeping the work area completely clean and dust-free.
- A dust collector essentially makes use of the vacuum system and an electric motor which is operated with high-speed fan driving the air. There is an in-built filtration system as well that blocks as well as collects the dust from the air. This operation is very similar to those vacuum cleaners which are being used at home.
- The best dust collectors keep the work area completely dust-free and promote a healthy environment for working and easy breathing. The dust-free environment is good for the lungs and enhances the overall quality of air.
Here are a few specifications of the best dust collectors that determine what features are most crucial for an effective dust collector for your industrial environment.
- Filtration Capacity – This is a very crucial thing to check before purchasing a dust collector. The filtration capacity of the dust collector determines the overall efficiency of the machine in removing the suspended air particles from the surrounding air. A standard dust collector would probably come with airbags that can screen dust particles through a diameter of about 2.5 microns. If you are particularly looking for the best dust collector, then you may try out the HEPA filters that are highly efficient ones currently in the market.
- Air Suction Capacity – The air suction capacity of the dust collector determines the overall capacity of the tool to manage the rate of air flow. The airflow is usually measured in terms of cubic feet per minute which is popularly referred to as CFM. The CFM limit of the dust collector specifically ranges from low to high and indicates the overall strength of the dust collector’s motor. This is to be noted that the CFM usually varies from one dust collector model to another. The portable models of the dust collectors come with the capacity of 150 CFM while those models which are designed for the industrial purpose start from the capacity of 1500 CFM or around.
- Power – The power of the dust collectors varies as well from one model to another. Dust collectors used for home uses are usually small and portable models with very low horsepower while the industrial dust collectors are bigger ones which range from 1 horsepower to 2 horsepower.
- Performance and Quality –It is crucial to conduct a market review of various brands in order to understand which one the best in the market is.
When shopping for the best dust collectors for your home or industry you must also check and compare the operational and maintenance cost, replacement and repair criteria, energy consumption, performance track records, and durability and then make the best choice. Only the most suitable one will provide you the best return on investment.