Excellent file management primarily involves the transition to electronic document management. It is hard to deny that at present, the digitization process is rapidly taking over our lives, penetrating all its spheres. Digitalization is being introduced into the economy, albeit gradually, but on a large scale. So many companies make decisions on the digitalization of workflow for the near future to reduce their production costs.
What are the benefits of this for the business?
- Optimization of business processes. Excellent file management requires significantly less time and labor, including the number of human resources to prepare, process, sign, exchange documents and receive payments. In addition, the influence of the “human factor” on the conduct of business processes of the enterprise is minimized.
- Reducing financial costs. In addition to reducing time and labor costs, the company’s financial costs are reduced when using electronic document management. So, it excludes the charges of wages for workers involved in the paper workflow, consumables (paper, ink), printer maintenance, electricity, express delivery service, etc.
- Caring for nature. Eliminating or markedly reducing the use of paper media will reduce overall paper consumption, possibly with the prospect of lowering even globally. This is an important goal that is often overlooked.
- Interaction with regulatory authorities is simplified. The supervisory authorities themselves support translating documents into electronic form and developing formats for working with documents in electronic form.
- Improving service and improving the quality of cooperation. Excellent file management positively affects the speed of the conclusion of contract documents and the reduction of accounts receivable. Companies with many counterparties receive payments earlier, and clients in any region see acts and invoices for payment earlier and pay them faster.
- Convenience. Currently, in a problematic epidemiological situation, the possibility of signing documents electronically, without the need to visit the office, as well as sending documents through electronic document flow, is becoming increasingly important.
- Security. Electronic document management implies fast and secure file sharing. By exchanging documents using particular services, you will always have everything under control. For example, recipients will be able to view, comment, and download files from links received from you but cannot edit the original files. Unlike paper, they can be password protected and set an expiration date for the link. Or, if you want to give recipients the ability to edit shared files, invite them to the shared folder with the files inside. You can send files securely by email.
Inconvenience when working with paper archives
So, in large archives, it is often necessary to spend a lot of time and effort finding the required document. In addition, the most frequently used documents over time can be damaged or even “lost” if they are mistakenly placed in the archive. Often, in any business, situations occur when high efficiency in providing the information is required: sometimes you need to prepare documents for signing quickly, make paper or digital copies, carefully stitch them – when working with paper archives, efficiency is lost. This is not a complete list of the inconveniences that one has to face when working with paper archives. But at the same time, there is a relatively simple and elegant way to solve the problem – digitizing documents.
How is the process of digitizing documents going?
Specialists are engaged in sorting documents on your company’s territory or delivering them to the part of an organization that digitizes archives. Then, with the help of modern scanners, the archive fund is digitized in full or individual documents.
Further, barcodes and printed documents are automatically converted into electronic form by the optical character recognition system. At the same time, the critical details of the documents are saved: name, date, type, counterparty, and so on. And to avoid possible distortion when retyping contact data, phones for digitizing handwritten information when digitizing archives use a double input system. Digitization of documents in the future will allow you to carry out a full-fledged operational search by keywords or search by certain types of documents/counterparties.
Electronic archives allow you to manage scanned files. After digitizing the archives, paper documents are subject to systematization and description. They are stitched, a systematized complete catalog of records is compiled, taking into account the needs and specifics of the customer’s company. This allows significantly save time and effort when working with archives in the future.
The larger the company we are talking about, the more documents are stored in its archive. The more complex its workflow, the more attractive the services for digitizing archives look to reduce production costs.