Instagram is all over and everyone seems to be hooked on to this platform. Research says that the active monthly users of Instagram is nearing a billion and is still counting. This shows the popularity as well as the potential of this visual sharing platform to reach out to millions, instantly. Rightfully it is called the Insta- gram!
With such a huge potential to reach out to millions in a matter of a few seconds, it is quite natural and also fair for the businesses to take advantage of this photo and video sharing platform to the fullest. In fact, any business that has not done it yet should focus on establishing an ‘Instagram presence’ as soon as possible, if not right now.
Reasons to use Instagram platform
Across all other available social media channels, Instagram happens to be one of the most popular platforms. Everyone seems to love the concept of uploading and sharing photos and short videos, whether it is an individual or a business. Instagram is especially useful for the businesses. There are several reasons for it such as:
- Instagram comes with several useful and innovative features that helps them extensively in their marketing campaigns
- It offers several useful and effective tools that helps them to measure the impact andperformance of their posts
- They can share the best pictures to showcase their products in the best possible way using the editing and filter features provided by it
- They can also upload a short video clip that enables them to ‘tell’ about their product and ‘show’ its usage making their posts far more meaningful and productive
- With a clear and compelling link added in their Instagram bio they can guide their Instagram followers to the landing page or specific pages of their site directly from the Instagram page thereby increasing their web traffic and
- They can turn more visitors into prospective customers thereby increasing their sales volume and business revenue.
Phew! That seems to be a pretty long list of reasons and advantages that business owners can enjoy from their Instagram presence, and you, if you are not insane, should create your own as well.
The changing scenario
With such a humongous fan following, the business marketing scenario and landscape is bound to change. If you do not want to lag far behind your competitors or do not have a plan to roll down your shutters soon, you should focus on making the most out of these billion active Instagram users.
If you are new to it and just like many other business owners find it difficult to grasp feeling that the engagement with Instagram is different from that of Facebook and Twitter, you can always take help of professionals such as Blastup to know how to use Instagram as an effective and productive marketing tool.
Previously, posting images was easy on Instagram but driving more traffic back to the site of a business was not that easy as that was a different chapter altogether. Fortunately, with the availability of such professional and expert agencies along with the useful and effective tools available for Instagram marketing, that scenario is surely about to change.
About business profiles
Businesses cannow have easy access to the features and innovative tools that are usually not available to any regular Instagram accounts. Some of these are:
You can take the advantage of the Business Profile feature of Instagram to the fullest if you want your users to identify your Instagram account belongs to a business easily. Using this feature will allow you to do a lot of things such as:
- You can give directions to your customers to your business with just a single tap on the button
- You can also assign a contact call to action in it.
You can choose any type of call to action such as a phone call, a text message, or an email.
The posts may look undistinguishable to those coming from the regular Instagram accounts but the actual element of difference will be in the profile page.
- This change will fill up the major void of the ways in which the interest sparked on Instagram can be seamlessly and quickly converted into an action. This in fact has been frustrating business owners right from the very beginning.
- With this feature, when a consumer happens to see anything that they like on an Instagram page, they can easily contact the business with a single tap at the button to inquire about the item and then make an informed and educated buying decision.
However, if you want to gain access to this useful and innovative feature you will need to switch over to a business profile. You will then also gain access to these following additional features.
Taking cue from Twitter and Facebook, Instagram has now come up with analytical data for the business users. This data will help them to analyze the performance of their content, then level of engagement and determine the areas of changes required. They will also be able to:
- See the reach of their posts
- The impressions and impacts it has created on the users
- Know about the demographics such as the location and age of the users.
With such useful data for each of the posts the business users will be better off in their marketing campaigns and gain the desired results.
However, this data will not be available on the Instagram app which is why you will need a business account and a business Facebook page linked to it. This will help you to access and analyze the information regarding the users’ demographics as well as their behavioral data. This will in turn allow you to create better Instagram content for the users who will be more likely to fall for your posts and get engage with your brand.
Wrapping it up
With so many advantages and useful features that Instagram comes with, there is no reason not to use this platform for your business purpose. Go ahead and make a better Instagram presence for better business.
Author bio: Karen Anthony is a Business Tech Analyst. She is very responsible towards her job. She loves to share her knowledge and experience with her friends and colleagues.