Hay fever is a condition that causes inflammation in your nose. In case after going to the garden or a plantation and come back with running nose and itchy eyes, chances are that you contracted hay fever. The term hay fever is commonly used to refer to seasonal allergies. Another name that refers to the same condition is allergic rhinitis. This means an inflammation that comes with a burning sensation in your nose.
Hay fever occurs when the immune system attacks a typically harmless substance that you come across in your day-to-day activities. This can include pollen grains from a corn plantation, scent from garden flowers or even outdoor molds that grow around the house.
Hay fever is a common condition and affects close to 40 million people in America. When infected with hay fever, the common signs are the cold-like symptoms that include itchy eyes, congestion, sneezing, or even sinus pressure. However, note that there is a big difference between a common cold and hay fever. That is, while the common cold is a viral infection, the hay fever is an allergic response to the allergens that you encounter indoors or outdoors.
There are natural regimens for hay fever that you can easily use at home. However, it is advisable that if these natural remedies do not work, talk to hay fever treatment Kailua for specialized attention. Here are the natural remedies you can use to counter the effects of hay fever.
- Take Fenugreek Seed Tea for Hay Fever
The fenugreek seeds come with endless benefits and are common in most Indian kitchens. Another name used for referring to these wonderful seeds is Methi seeds. They are known to be rich in saponin, alkaloids, proteins, and fibred. Fenugreek seed tea is effective in treating inflammation and easing down allergic reactions.
2. Take More Ginger and Garlic
Ginger and Garlic are another common treatment for the conditions that cause inflammation. The scientists have discovered that the two are antihistamine and a decongestant. Garlic contains an antibiotic effect and so good for decongesting your sinuses. Therefore, the two are an effective treatment for hay fever. Use these freshly ground because if dried up, garlic and ginger are not medically active.
3. Local Honey and Beeswax for hay fever
It is known to be the busiest insect, and this is seen in the medicinal advantages that its products carry. Ask a local beekeeper to assist you with some honey for medicinal purpose. Alternatively, you can order honey from the local supermarkets. Honey provides relief from the inflammation that results because of allergenic reaction. This decreases the sensitivity to the underlying factor that causes hay fever.
For an effective treatment of hay fever, it is important to understand what causes it to occur. This is so that you can be able to either, not expose yourself to the causes or you can be able to know the safety measures to take when you have exposed the causes. You are more likely to get hay fever if you have:
- Asthma or other allergies
- Your parents or Siblings have allergies
- You are exposed to allergens at your workplace or at home
- Exposed to second-hand smoke
Allergens are a common cause of allergies in people. The allergens can be classified as indoor and outdoor allergens. The indoor allergens that cause hay fever include pet hair, dust from carpets, the mold that grows on wet surfaces, as well as smell of urine from the rats in the attic. Getting rid of these is another effective approach in hay fever treatment. For the outdoor allergens, we have pollen grains, the scent from garden flowers and smoke from burning plastics. Cover your mouth and the nose while outdoors and suspect that you might come across the outdoor allergens.
The natural treatment approaches for hay fever might not always work. It is advisable that you see a doctor if:
- The allergy reaction is interfering with your daily schedule
- The fever doesn’t seem to go away after using the natural remedies for hay fever
- You purchase over the counter medications that don’t seem to work
- You have other conditions that require medical attention from a specialist. This can include a chronic sinuses infection, asthma, or even polyps appearing in your nose.
Whereas it is possible to stay without treating the hay fever, it is advisable that you seek medical attention. This is because the symptoms might keep recurring and affecting your work. Therefore, contact hay fever treatment Kailua for immediate attention.
Some of the complications that occur when you have hay fever include:
- Reduced quality of life: where the hay fever leads to less enjoyment of what you are doing. This can be at school, at work making you less productive. Do not let hay fever kill your productivity at work. Seek medical attention immediately.
- Poor Sleep: people with hay fever report feeling sleepy at work or during the day. Normally, the discomfort affects your sleep at night and so you keep waking up. This might be difficulty breathing or blocked sinuses especially when you also have a cold.
- Hay fever Worsens Asthma attacks. The symptoms of asthma are worse in persons with hay fever. For instance, they tend to experience more coughing and deeper wheezing.
- Sinusitis: is another complication that comes with hay fever. Normally, it is prolonged sinus congestion that increases the person’s susceptibility to sinusitis. This leads to an infection or inflammation on the membrane that lines the sinuses.
Preventing hay fever is extremely difficult. The only way out is ensuring that you seek treatment immediately when the signs show. Therefore, you can try the natural remedies of hay fever, and if the symptoms persist, seek medical advice.