When most people hear the word ‘sales’ the first thing that comes to their mind is ‘persuasion’. Yes, it is true that salespeople need to be persuasive in order to sell their products. However, it is difficult to persuade someone without understanding them first.
There is a science behind persuasion, and its Psychology. Knowing and understanding what is going on inside a customer’s mind is the key to finding the right timing, with the right words to say, to sell.
Having that said, don’t deep your toes into the water without these key takeaways of the infographic from Healthy Business Builder which details the 7 sales tips to understand the psychology of customers:
- Customers make decisions emotionally
- They’re egocentric
- Customers look for value
- You can never force them to do anything they don’t want to do
- People are suspicious by nature
- They want to experience the product immediately
- Most people are copy cats
To learn more about the 7 tips to understand the psychology of customers, check out the infographic below: