Small local businesses, global enterprises, you have something in common – regardless of your chosen market and busyness type, you should strive for social media dominance in order to boost recognition and pave the road to long-term success. Quite simply, we live in a social-media-driven world, and it would be a terrible waste if your brand didn’t try to reach the eyes and ears of a three-billion-strong social media audience.
However, the road to social media superstardom is not as short and picturesque as you might think, as the overly-competitive arena begs of companies to up their social marketing strategy and fight fiercely to surpass the competition. With that in mind, let’s take a closer look at some of the best social marketing tactics that will help your marketing strategy propel your brand towards new heights.
Define your social media goals
First things first, it’s not just about being present on social media or posting whenever your social media manager feels like it – it’s about having a clear battle plan, supported by realistic and attainable goals. So, much like your other departments, your marketing team needs to set up S.M.A.R.T. social media goals that are:
- Specific – what do you hope to achieve on social media? Improved click-through rate? Better brand awareness? More conversions? All of that and more? Good, you can move on to the next step.
- Measurable – how will you measure your performance on social media? You need a quantifiable metric that will tell you exactly how many new visitors, followers, and customers you’ve gained. Remember, without hard data, there’s no way to gauge your progress.
- Attainable – every social media goal needs to be realistic and attainable. Supported by an amazing brand identity, you can hope to make a boom in the social media arena, but don’t expect to gain millions of followers in six months’ time.
- Relevant – why post anything if it’s not going to benefit your company, its recognition in the market, or help you gain new followers? The SM goals you set need to be relevant for your business, but they also need to be relevant for your viewership. After all, they are driving force behind your success.
- Timely – deadlines are important, they give your employees the incentive to push for better results and they make goals easier to reach. If you attach a deadline to a social media goal, you’re more likely to achieve it efficiently and effectively.
Choose the best platforms accordingly
Every business should be present on every social media platform out there in order to expand its reach and grab the attention of numerous audience types. However, not all SM networks were created equal, and not every SM platform will benefit your brand equally.
With that in mind, it’s important to research your most relevant channels of communication and focus on growing these instead of wasting your time appealing to a nonexistent audience somewhere else. For B2B brands, it’s usually a network like LinkedIn or Google+ that will be the most fruitful, while B2C brands can make great success using Instagram and Facebook.
Focus on content marketing
In the online world, content is king for a myriad of reasons. Simply put, stellar content is what will separate your brand from the competition and establish an emotional connection with your audience. However, even though your content needs to be in line with your brand identity, you should also gather relevant feedback by posting paid surveys online and incentivizing your audience to share with you their likes and dislikes.
Deep industry insights such as these will go a long way in boosting your entire social media and content marketing strategies, giving you the information and drive to craft amazing content across the board. Be sure to diversify your content pool as well in order to make it shareable across all relevant SM platforms.
Never let your accounts fall silent
A silent account is no different than a nonexistent one. If you fail to post stellar content on a regular basis, you will lose the interest of your followers and your SM strategy will suffer as a result. After all, how do you expect to grow your audience if your reach has plummeted?
Remember, regular posting builds traction and interest, so it’s not just about wowing your audience with amazing storytelling and relevant information, it’s also about putting that information in front of them every single day.
Combine stellar content with influencer marketing
Last but not least, every growth-oriented company should leverage influencer marketing to gain better exposure, extend its reach, and boost brand recognition and trust across the online universe. A useful trick you want to implement from the get-go is actually focusing on landing micro-influencers instead of their multi-million-follower counterparts.
Why, you ask? Because micro-influencers that only boast a couple of hundred thousand followers tend to preach a more trustworthy story, and they tend to have loyal followers who actually act on their trustworthy advice.
Social media marketing should be an inextricable part of your overarching digital marketing strategy if you want to make it big in the online world and attract the expansive digital audience towards your brand. With these winning tactics at the ready, you can go ahead and propel your brand towards long-term social media dominance.