Online platforms have revolutionized the marketing industry and have proven to be quite the game changer for advertising products. However, marketing tools are constantly evolving, so it is important for companies to always update their strategy by keeping up with the latest gadgets and software tools.
To take the brand to the next level, a business should apply diverse marketing services that focus on different aspects. Traditional methods focused on television and radio commercials as well as newspaper ads or simply putting marketing material in a mailbox and hoping for the best do not work anymore.
Though advertising via television can still have some impact, there are numerous digital marketing strategies that can have a more direct and closer influence on the public.
Modernize Your Advertising Strategy
Marketing technology offers several ways for the business to be seen on the digital media. First of all, it is crucial to build a website that provides information about the company which can be easily found via smartphone.
Around 50% of mobile searches end with a purchase, not to mention the benefits of tablet and computer browsing, but you need to make sure that your site comes up on the first search engine results page. This is why you should hire an expert or a marketing company for search engine optimization (SEO).
To make the brand stand out from the others, create a creative and memorable business logo and use visually attractive colors. Visual aids are 43% more effective, as 90% of our knowledge is influenced by them. Alluring images and videos improves the business campaign and attracts more customers.
Another helpful way to start with online advertising is by posting ads on popular social media sites. For creating a successful social strategy, your marketing team should be familiar with each platform and focus on engaging your target audience. Following are the most popular social media websites:
- Facebook – The biggest social platform with a billion active users. An excellent opportunity to connect with people from all over the world and make a global impact.
- Twitter – For sharing updates, images, videos and links. It is one of the top 10 websites in the United States, with over 300,000,000 active users.
- Instagram & Pinterest – Two excellent social media platforms for sharing photo and video content.
- YouTube – With over a billion users, YouTube is a great way to spread your brand message via video, offer tutorials and other useful information and make money along the way.
- Snapchat – This app is specifically designed for mobile devices, with content disappearing after 24 hours. The application gives you the chance to see how many specific users have viewed the post, while the pressure of polished content is removed as the post disappears at the end of the day.
Get More Involved
After completing the initial steps, now is time to engage with your audience. Using the latest marketing technology is not just about promoting the business, but also being involved with the customers.
A company should pay attention to the language it uses in its branding and the message it sends, and there are several steps for developing a better connection with social media platform users:
- Not every post should be about the business – The message can get lost if the network is jammed with continuous posts about your business offerings. The company needs to be involved with the community and share valuable content to keep the interest of the followers.
- Share the expertise – People love eye-openers. Provide and share the knowledge and helpful facts on interesting topics. Provide a better insight on the business and its message. Encourage people to vote, leave feedback and ask questions.
- Online reviews and ratings – Create a profile on review sites. Based on the online reviews and overall rating, a company can thrive or sink. It gives added value to established businesses and a unique opportunity to gain insight on customer demands. In addition, if the rating is high, it is a great form of social proof that can be shared on other social media to boost your reputation.
- Facebook live – Streaming live special events make your loyal customers feel like they are a part of a community and that their favorite brand values their opinion.
- Business organizations – Organizing events covered with by both online and traditional media and news will raise the company’s presence, as well as improve the moral of the employees.
Helpful Tools of Marketing Technology
Although adopting the cutting-edge tools of marketing technology may seem intimidating, they are actually a precious commodity. Depending on the business model, whether it is B2B (selling products or services business to business) or B2C (business to customer), there are software products applicable for every category:
- Marketing automation – Repetitive tasks such as social media marketing and website maintenance can be simplified by use of marketing automation.
- Tag Management – A tag manager can enhance your online marketing performance by including numerous tags on trending websites.
- CDN (Content Delivery Network) – Ensures a faster online respond and downloading time for customers.
- DMP (Data Management Platform) – An excellent software tool for storing information.
- CRM (Customer Relationship Manager) – A program for organizing and synchronizing marketing, sales, technical and customer support.
- Analytics & Tracking – Track the overall business performance and all of the latest developments.
- SEO – Search engine optimization for positioning your site near the top of the first page in SERPs.
- Mobile Optimization – For creating an easy-to-navigate website for increasing smartphones purchases.
- Remarketing – The same ads popping up on different websites for attracting the people who already searched for your or a similar company’s products.
- Email Marketing – For sending periodical business offerings and valuable content directly to your customers’ email.
In this day and age, a company must use cutting-edge marketing technology to stay on top and keep up with the competition. It is crucial for a solid business plan to include the means that will improve the quality and performance of your online marketing.
Staying in tune with your customers helps to spread your unique brand message and raise awareness about your company. In addition, it creates a good impression, which will attract potential customers.